We’re excited to announce the newest member of the Racepoint team- Brooks Toombs! Get to know this Account Director in this fun Q&A.
1. How would you explain what you do for work in 3 sentences or less to your 7-year-old niece?
I work on puzzles and build things. For example, if I was building a new playground, I figure out what is needed, what goes where, and ensure the pieces are delivered as quickly and quietly as possible. All so you can have the best time on the best playground you’ve ever seen!
2. What is your favorite website, blog or online community?
I am a sucker for reading blind gossip items (always have been). I read Blindgossip.com once a day and love when the blogger finally posts “SOLVED” items.
3. What do you have as your desktop wallpaper right now?
A photo of Cooper, my 12 – year old Vizsla/Lab mix, from our friend’s engagement party in Vermont, wearing a bow tie.
4. What is your favorite drink?
Bourbon, (preferably Bulleit Bourbon), over ice, with a splash of soda water and two lemon slices.
5. What are your favorite smells?
Clean Sheets, Lilacs, Roses, Cut Grass
6. Are you married? Do you have any kids?
This month Trey Toombs, my husband and favorite person (thank god), will celebrate our third anniversary. Our serendipitous journey includes hundreds of flights, 10 zip codes, six states, two proposals, and one hell of a party – we certainly did it our way!
7. Do you have any nicknames?
I usually am the one giving nicknames (right, Mary, Alfieri?) The only nickname I’ve had that’s stuck is “Big B”.
8. Do you have any hidden talents or interesting hobbies?
My husband and I have been practicing Ashtanga Yoga for the last year and a half. We lucked out because a new yoga studio opened across the street from our apartment, which makes it a little easier to get to practice at 5:30 am everyday.
9. What do you like about living in the Boston area?
Boston is the first city that has really felt like home since leaving my hometown of Richmond, VA. There are many things I love, but here are a few:
- I love the history.
- I love walking the city– the whole city with time to spare for a cocktail on the waterfront.
- I love having four beautiful and distinct seasons.
- I love not having to use a car.
- I love exploring New England.
10. Are you afraid of anything?
Deep, dark water and heights