We’re very happy to have Amelia as a member of our Racepoint Global team! Get to know our one of our newest team members in this intimate Q&A.
1. How would you explain what you do for work in 3 sentences or less to your 7 year old niece?
I don’t know about a niece but my parents tell people, “Amelia does Twitter and stuff.” This spring I’ll be doing publicity for Larry Weber’s new book as well as working on new business projects with the Agency Marketing Team. “And stuff.”
2. What is your favorite website, blog or online community?
Paul Shirley (that guy who played for ten million NBA teams and had a really low ranking in NBA 2k9) used to write a great music column for ESPN. Now he writes over at a place called Flip Collective: http://www.flipcollective.com/.
3. What is the last book you read?
I’m almost done with Spin Cycle by Howard Kurtz – inside look at Clinton Administration and how they handled scandals.
4. How would you describe yourself in three words?
Roll tide roll.
5. What do you have as your desktop wallpaper right now?
Frank Underwood from House of Cards.
6. What is your favorite drink?
It’s always Iced Coffee season.
7. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be in the Navy and fly F/A-18s. I actually applied to BU for Aerospace Engineering. And now I’m a PR major! Oh how the turns have tabled.
8. What do you like about living in the Boston area?
Fenway. Nothing beats Lansdowne on a pretty day when the Sox are winning.
9. Are you afraid of anything?
I’m afraid of the day Nick Saban is no longer the coach at Alabama.
10. Name three places you want to visit before you kick the bucket.
I grew up all over the world as a Navy brat so I’ve been blessed to have already done a lot of traveling. But there’s still plenty on my list! The top three would have to be New Zealand, Ernest Hemingway’s house in Key West, and the Bop N Grill in Chicago to try their Kimchi Burger.