We’re happy to welcome Zach Friedman to Racepoint Group. Get to know our newest Senior Account Executive in this intimate Q&A.
1. How would you explain what you do for work in 3 sentences or less to your 7 year old niece?
I have actually done this several times for teenage cousins (doesn’t make it any easier). At its core, our job is to educate. Our role, as communicators, is to help organizations identify their desired audience[s], craft the messages that will resonate with those audiences and determine the most effective means by which to engage them.
2. What is your favorite website, blog or online community?
The evolution of the Reddit community is fascinating. At its best, it is an international community of equals that inspire each other with tremendous acts of generosity and holds our institutions accountable for their actions. At its worst, it fuels our most destructive prejudices and fears. But most of the time it’s just photos of cats.
3. What is your favorite drink?
Bold reds with Italian food and a Manhattan with steak are sensational pairings. Otherwise, I’m always up for a good IPA.
4. What is your favorite YouTube video of all time? (Please provide the link)
There are so many! But if you have 15 minutes to kill I would strongly recommend watching this video of game show bloopers http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7ghDhpCLKM (there is some adult subject matter)
5. If you were a tree, which kind would you be?
A redwood. Have you seen those things!?
6. If you could be a superhero, what superpowers would you want to have?
I would like to be able to speak and understand any language/dialect in the world as if it were my native tongue.
7. Have you in the past or would you ever bungee jump or sky dive?
I went skydiving in 2012. The first few seconds are terrifying as your mind instinctively braces for any kind of impact. Once you finish accelerating, however, there’s phenomenal rush of adrenaline and an amazing view of the landscape. I skydived over rural northern Virginia, I recommend someplace more scenic.
8. What is your favorite music group or artist?
9. What are your favorite smells?
It’s tough to beat the smell of fresh onions and garlic being sautéed in olive oil. Maybe barbeque.
10. If you could go on a cross-country road trip with any celebrity (dead or alive), who would you choose and where would you go?
I would love the opportunity to shadow Vincent van Gogh on a road trip through America’s national parks and witness his genius first-hand. That being said, however, van Gogh is probably not the best choice for a companion on such a trip.