We’re very excited to have Andra Searles be a part of our Racepoint and Digital Influence Group family! Get to know our seasoned PR pro in this intimate Q&A.
1. How would you explain what you do for work in 3 sentences or less to your 7 year old niece?
I work on an awesome team of problem-solvers, and we help companies reach for the stars! We also get to write our ideas on the walls…
2. What is your favorite website, blog or online community?
CNN.com or Buzzfeed- I’m enamored with reality, but sometimes comic relief is the only way to deal.
3. What is the last book you read?
Where you left me is an incredible memoir written by fellow Tufts grad, Jennifer Gardner Trulson, about finding her soul mate—and then losing him in the collapse of the World Trade Towers. A young new mother of two small children, Jennifer struggles with the shock and the devastating blow that 9/11 has dealt to her family. While she never fully accepts the unfathomable loss of her husband, the father of her children, and many close friends, her unforgiving road to peace ultimately leads her to the blessing of a second love. I truly recommend this book, and am so glad I found it!
4. If you were a crayon, what color would you be and why?
I always aspire to be the sunshine yellow crayon in the box. Positivity is a lifestyle!
5. Do you have any nicknames?
My friends like to call me Dra, Dra la la, or Draj.
6. What do you have as your desktop wallpaper right now?
My desktop is a photo of the stunning glacial run-off in Iceland. Three of my girlfriends and I actually traveled to Iceland our sophomore year of college for a long weekend, and it was one of the most spontaneous, incredible weekends of my life!
7. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A famous singer, with a casual movie career on the side.
8. Do you have any hidden talents or interesting hobbies?
One of my favorite hobbies is what I like to call “modge-podging.” I have a zillion old fashion magazines, so I like to go through them and cut out things that I like (words, photos, items, colors, etc). I then collage my cut-outs onto wooden boxes, picture frames, or desktop organizers using mod-podge glue. I like to find beauty and inspiration in my daily surroundings!
9. Name three places you want to visit before you kick the bucket.
The Maldives, Turkey, and Japan.
10. If you had to change your name, what would you change it to?