By Kyle Austin
February 6th, 2008
By Kyle Austin
It has rained for three days in Boston (the guy upstairs must be taking it as hard as me). I should have never written the pre- Groundhog Day post. Since then I’ve been stuck in some sort of bizarro Groundhog Day myself.
As Bill Murray (Phil Connors) once said:
“You want a prediction about the weather, you’re asking the wrong Phil. I’ll give you a winter prediction: It’s gonna be cold, it’s gonna be grey, and it’s gonna last you for the rest of your life.”
Now that I’ve dragged myself back to post, some thoughts from the last couple days:
- The New York Giants and MicroHoo! are now on top of the food chain
- Google’s statement on Microsoft’s bid to acquire Yahoo! sounds ironically like Red Sox executives still referring to the Yankees as the Evil Empire. It’s time to look in the mirror and realize that you’re one and the same. It also sounds like they are scared. I can see Ballmer hanging the statement like Beli…(I mean Coughlin) all over Redmond offices as a motivational tool.
- Zuckerberg is now a more worthy TMZ figure then Tom Brady.
- Howcast, just closed a $8 million series A financing. (The company makes online “How To” videos). Like “How to paint a wall.” Like “How did I not think of this?”
- You can now track Scoble while he is in flight. Unfortunately, I still don’t think they’ve gotten Wi-Fi up and running, so you’ll have to hold off on twittering him.
- Finally, if you’re feeling generous, go to eBay and buy the Sports Guy’s unlucky Moss jersey that he wore during the Super Bowl. Then proceed to burn it…It’s for a good cause.
Entry Filed under: Other